A Spacious Nursing and Residential Care Home with Beautiful Features
St Andrew’s has much to offer elderly residents. We have:
- Attractive and spacious bedrooms that you can personalise, so it can feel like a home-from-home very quickly, enabling you to settle in well. Each room is slightly different, so you can choose the one that suits you and your budget best
- 45 beds in total, 39 of these are single rooms with three twin rooms for residents who prefer companionship. St Andrew’s still feels like a home rather than a care facility like many larger homes. It also means our manager knows all her residents extremely well
- En-suite facilities in the majority of rooms allowing for your privacy and convenience. Several rooms also have full wet room facilities for those with limited mobility
- Most rooms are on the ground floor
- A 24-hour call facility in every room provides the reassurance to make you feel safe and secure
- A television point in every bedroom so you have the freedom to watch what you want, when you want
- Bespoke furniture and furnishings provided, though we encourage you to bring anything you would like with you to personalise your room as much as possible and help you feel completely at home
- Comfortable residents’ lounges and dining areas allowing for a range of social interaction or peace and quiet, when you want
- A pleasant patio area with outdoor chairs and tables for the enjoyment of the gardens and weather
- Extensive well-maintained gardens to the rear of the property for stretching your legs and getting some fresh air or just to look at with beautiful views of the countryside in the distance
- An additional sensory garden allowing all our residents to experience a wide range of exotic plants, herbs and flowers by touch, sight and smell
- High speed broadband available throughout the home via WiFi
- Several assisted bathrooms and showers in addition to residents’ personal bathroom facilities
- A passenger lift to access the first floor.
- Ample car parking, including rapid electric charging points, for when your family and friends come to visit
- Within walking distance of both church and local pub
Additionally, we can arrange for:
- Visits from GPs, opticians, physiotherapists, chiropodists, dentists, aromatherapists, occupational therapists and members of all denominations of the clergy
- Hairdressing service
- Daily delivery of newspapers and magazines
- The provision of personal telephone lines (with broadband if required)
- Satellite television
If there are any additional requirements you need that are not mentioned here, we can discuss them when you come for an initial visit.
Residential Care Home Fees
As St Andrew’s is an old vicarage which has been tastefully extended over time to retain its original character, we have a wide variety of rooms of varying sizes and specifications. We have rooms which are suitable for both privately funded residents and residents to be funded by social services. Some of the larger social services rooms may require a modest top-up payment from family or friends depending on the care needs of the resident.
We aim to be totally upfront and transparent about all our fees, and to provide the highest standards of care whatever fees are paid.
To be eligible for your local authority to pay elderly care fees, the resident must not have savings of over £23,250 (2019). In addition, the local authority will generally require a contribution towards the cost of care they fund from the resident’s income and resources. If a resident has a property to sell they are generally eligible for a 12 week period of disregard from the local authority, which can be further extended to cover the period up until the house sale is completed. (This means the council will pay for the initial 12 weeks to give time for the property to sell, and then the monies need to be re-paid to the council). Further information can be obtained from your local authority and there is a useful guide produced by Age UK here.